You must read this page very carefully. If you are 12 or under, please read this page with your Mum or Dad or guardian. It’s very important. Don’t forget to always ask your Mum or Dad or guardian for permission before you send us any information. We want you to stay safe so always ask them first!
If you visit this site or if you provide us with information via this site (for example by filling in the registration form to receive the newsletter or entering competitions) then you agree that we can collect your personal information and use it in the ways we describe below.
If you are 12 or under, please ask your parent or guardian to read this policy to make sure that they are happy for you to use this site and provide personal information to the site.
If you do not want to agree to this policy or if you are 12 or under and your parent or guardian is not happy for you to provide personal information to this site then you can still look at the site but please do not submit any personal information to this site.
Information that may be collected on this site
You do not have to provide personal information to look at most parts of the site. However you may not be able to view certain areas and you will not be able to receive the newsletter if you do not provide some personal information.
Personal information may be collected:
- When you voluntarily register to receive a newsletter. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time if you wish to stop receiving a newsletter or other material from us.
- When you enter a competition on the site, you will be asked to provide certain personal information about yourself which may include your name and email address. We may need to contact your parents or guardian for consent for you to receive the prize (for example if it is an expensive item).
- If you contact us via the site (for example by sending an email to us, we may keep a record of that email or comment).
- We may collect details of your visits to the site (including when you visit the site and what you look at).
How will we use your information?
The information you provide via the site will help us to:
- Run the site (for example by publishing your competition entry in one of our newsletters if you enter a competition, run the competitions and notify the winners).
- Send you the Aliens Love Underpants newsletters and other information if you have requested them.
- Allow Simon & Schuster to send you updates and other information about their books if you requested them.
- Make the site better (for example we may look to see which is the most popular part of the site or which features you like to visit on the site and use this when we develop the site in the future).
How long will we hold your personal information?
We will not hold your information for longer than is necessary. For example, if you enter a competition, we will delete your personal information relating to the competition entry once we have fully administered the competition unless you tell us that you are happy for us to use your email address to send you our newsletter or other exciting news about the Aliens Love Underpants site. If you have given us your personal information to send you newsletters, once you let us know that you do not want to receive the newsletter anymore we will delete the personal information used to send you the newsletter.
Where your data is held
Disclosure of your information
The information you provide to me may be accessed by people employed by us who help us publish the site or provide the competitions. We may pass aggregate information on the use of this site to third parties (ie the number of people who visit this site per day or how many boys and how many girls enter competitions) but this will not include personal information which could be used to identify you.
Except as set out above or if we are required by law or regulatory authority or if necessary to protect the personal safety of users of the Aliens Love Underpants site, we will not otherwise sell or give any personal information you provide to this site to any other person unless you agree that we can.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent access by unauthorised persons and protect against any unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage. We also take steps to ensure that anyone employed by us or acting on our behalf takes adequate security measures.
Keeping information up to date and access to information
Please help us to keep your information accurate and up to date by notifying us of any relevant changes in the personal information we hold about you (for example if you change your email address).
You can notify us of any changes by contacting us at email@example.com. You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Please contact us by post or by email at the addresses set out below if you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information or if you would like further information on this. We may make a small charge for this service.
Contact Us – Comments/Complaints?
This policy was last updated on 9 June 2010.